Skip to content

IMPORTANT: Due to large amounts of spam attempts on the site, first-time posters: please send a private message to admin to get your initial post approved.

IMPORTANT : A cause de nombreuses tentatives de spam, les nouveaux utilisateurs sont priés d'envoyer un message privé à admin pour voir leur premier message approuvé.
Pour l'interface du forum en français, enregistrez-vous sur le forum et sélectionnez le français comme votre langue de préférence.

Latest converts to this game?

Find players in your area, organize games and get-togethers, etc.

Latest converts to this game?

Postby Jaykay2010 » Fri May 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi folks,

I've just recently acquired my own copy of Earth Reborn .. it's awesome! ..

I'm a tad surprised at the lack of traffic on the 'anglophone' forum ... The latest post was in the Rules thread, two weeks ago, but nothing before then in any other thread since March 2011! Is this an indication that the game is hard to come by in England .. or that people have bought the game, played their tutorials and then moved on to something else? I hope not .. the scope for creating further scenarios is huge with the S.A.G.S system, and I'm guessing the site here will produce new official scenarios from time to time?

I'm just a little surprised at the moment at the low input to the forum .. if anyone can hit reply and say a brief hello and where you've got to in your exploration of the game ... what you love/hate, any scenario creations that would be fab!

Cheers,

Jim
Jaykay2010

Re: Latest converts to this game?

Postby Torian » Fri May 20, 2011 4:51 pm

Hey Jim,

well, I guess this side is not that well known as other boardgame-sides. And I would guess that people have to much fun with provided Scenarios and SAGS to create their own.

I played all 2-player-scenarios with a friend. He loved it too, but at the end he was a little bit overwhelmed by the depth of the game and all the things you have to think about if you play with the full ruleset. But he promised me a SAGS nontheless ;)

3/4 player scenarios I played at weekend-game-meetings with friends (2 gaming-weekends so far) and monthly gaming-meetings. But only the first couple.

At the moment I'm hosting a "Play By Forum" of Earth Reborn on boardgamegeek.com (click here if you want to have a look). The setup was quite long - we are "playing" for a month now and have just started with the actual play today.

In a moment of boredom I created the scenario "Breakout" that I never played or even proofread so far. No time :) I will upload it on the forums.

Greetings,
Dave
Torian

Postby Jaykay2010 » Fri May 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Sounds great Dave, ... just the sort of thing I was hoping for!

I'm just working my way through the 2 player tutorials, when I'm up to full speed I may be ready to try your 'play by forum' suggestion ... it looks interesting!

How do you rate the 3-4 player game ? Any good?

Cheers,

Jim
Jaykay2010

Postby Torian » Fri May 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Well,

I didnt play it all that much. We had one weekend where we played the first 4 scenarios in a row. It was fun, but I find it difficult to communicate about the decisions you want to make when you play 2 vs 2. I dont mind it that much in 1 vs 3.

In general I had more fun doing the 2 player scenarios. Its more in depth and everyone is on his own.

The 3-4 player tutorials I would use only for that - learning the game and intruducing new players in the hope that 1 of the 3 or even 4 new ones (if I just observe the game) wants to play it more and we can do 2 player scenarios :)
At a weekend meeting of about 12-14 friends I played with different people the same scenario multible times (Zombie Family) and found 3 others who wanted to go on for the next scenario. It was a good method to find the kind of players the game needs.
In general I find the scenario "Zombie Family" a good start if you have experienced boardgame players and dont want to bore them to death with scenarios 1 and/or 2. They can be fun too, but I wouldnt do it again (tried it once and lost the players interest pretty early).

I guess the 4 player SAGS could be fun. I hadnt the opportunity to try it out - because noone got that far into the rules with me. Thats why I wanted to do the PBF (Play By Forum) - just to see how it turns out :)
Torian

Return to Board index

Return to Meeting Players