Skip to content

IMPORTANT: Due to large amounts of spam attempts on the site, first-time posters: please send a private message to admin to get your initial post approved.

IMPORTANT : A cause de nombreuses tentatives de spam, les nouveaux utilisateurs sont priés d'envoyer un message privé à admin pour voir leur premier message approuvé.
Pour l'interface du forum en français, enregistrez-vous sur le forum et sélectionnez le français comme votre langue de préférence.

New forum: Miniature Painting

New forum: Miniature Painting

Postby admin » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:14 am

A subject well-deserving of a new forum. Have at it.

Jean-Charles
Ludically
Jean-Charles
Ludically
admin
Site Admin

Re: New forum: Miniature Painting

Postby Brannagyn » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Over at Fortress Ameritrash

http://fortressat.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=painting-earth-reborn-pt-1-prep.html&Itemid=240

a poster is beginning a step by step report on the painting of the game's figures. Two things he mentioned so far.

Some of the figures have noticeable flash (extra plastic from gaps between the moulds) that needs to be trimmed away before painting. If you have access to 'green stuff' or other modeling clay, it is also advisable to smooth over any gaps between separate parts of a figure, such as the arms and shoulder joint. Doing both of these will give finished figures a much smoother look.

He also used plastic cement to cover the base before painting to avoid damaging the combat grids. Apparently a light coat will act as a shield and peels off easily once you are finished painting.

As I'm still waiting for delivery of my own game I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet, but might be something for you to consider.
Brannagyn

Postby Torian » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Actually I started painting Starcraft-Miniatures right after I played Earth Reborn in Essen at the SPIEL-convention... Just so I would be able to paint the Earth Reborn miniatures.

But I guess I will leave the ER-miniatures as they are, because I suck at painting and would need waaaaaay more practise. Pinning my hopes on the pre-paints now ;)
Torian

Postby Eirikr » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:12 pm

I am considering buying this game and one of the things I am thinking about is commissioning someone to paint the figures for me as I haven't the talent to do them justice, or possibly buying the prepainted set which has been discussed. I don't yet have a price for the prepainted set but in the mean time I would like to price out the cost of having them painted.
That being said what size/scale are these minis so I can get an accurate estimate and does anyone have any info on when the prepainted figures will be available and at what cost?
Thanks.
Eirikr

Postby Chris » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:09 am

Same scale as Dungeon Twister miniatures.
Mc Gregus use to paint miniatures for the players.
But he is in France.
He you want me to put you in contact with him, send me a Private mail on this website and I'll put you in contact.

No idea yet on the date the pre-painted minis will be available or the price. But they are done, reserved and ready to be painted. Meaning they will exist for sure, we just don't have the date or price.
Ludicalement,
Chris
Chris
himself

Postby Eirikr » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:16 am

Okay, so I decided that I would take the plunge and try painting the figures myself and maybe, if I am not happy with the result or if the price is right, I would buy the prepainted figures when they become available. Great right? Well, to my disapointment, I went out and got me a copy of the game and what do I discover when I open the box? No figures! Are you kidding me? What a bummer. I am super impressed with the rest of the components and I'm looking forward to reading the rulebook which is real pretty and looks really well laid out but with no figures that's about as far as I can go. I am in Canada so I have the Z-man edition so I am sending Zev an email but what a disapointment.
Eirikr

Postby Torian » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:12 am

Eirikr wrote:Okay, so I decided that I would take the plunge and try painting the figures myself and maybe, if I am not happy with the result or if the price is right, I would buy the prepainted figures when they become available. Great right? Well, to my disapointment, I went out and got me a copy of the game and what do I discover when I open the box? No figures! Are you kidding me? What a bummer. I am super impressed with the rest of the components and I'm looking forward to reading the rulebook which is real pretty and looks really well laid out but with no figures that's about as far as I can go. I am in Canada so I have the Z-man edition so I am sending Zev an email but what a disapointment.

As I said in the BGG-thread you started, they will replace your figures. But none the less its annoying to have to put up with that in the first place.

Its really a pity that such an absolut great game would suffer so much under bad production.

When I started painting my miniatures yesterday, I noticed that the forearm of Vasquez broke open at the mold line thus releasing her hand which holds the weapon. I hope that I can fix it somehow and that it will hold together.

As I said in my game session report: I would have gladly paid 20 bucks more for this awesome game for some better quality.
On the other hand its hard to get such a game with such specific customers on the market. The small price (I paid 50€ - which I consider very small for such an impressive and big game) gurantees more people buying the game.

I can just hope that they will consider switching the manufacturer for future expansions.
Torian

Return to Board index

Return to Miniature Painting