Skip to content

IMPORTANT: Due to large amounts of spam attempts on the site, first-time posters: please send a private message to admin to get your initial post approved.

IMPORTANT : A cause de nombreuses tentatives de spam, les nouveaux utilisateurs sont priés d'envoyer un message privé à admin pour voir leur premier message approuvé.
Pour l'interface du forum en français, enregistrez-vous sur le forum et sélectionnez le français comme votre langue de préférence.

First couple of minis finished - Norad faction

First couple of minis finished - Norad faction

Postby MiniJunkie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:34 am

I'm excited to play this game for the first time, but hoping to get the minis painted first. 'Course, instead of checking the ones I would need for the first few scenarios, I painted these ones because I liked them (especially the walker). I decided to do my Norad faction models in a kind of desert/tan look. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, only took a couple of hours.

http://www.minijunkie.com
MiniJunkie

Re: First couple of minis finished - Norad faction

Postby jholen » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:08 am

Excellent! I love the tan scheme that you chose. It seems very fitting to what I'd imagine the barren wastelands to look like.

Might I ask what kind of paint you used? My copy of ER is on order, and all these pictures are inspiring me to try my hand at painting them.

Thanks,
Jonathan
jholen

Postby Torian » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:20 am

They really look great. I know why I didnt post my painted miniatures ;) I really have no experience with painting at all (on the contreary to you - having looked at your homepage: btw Mass Effect is a great game :)). I have finished 5 miniatures so far - maybe I will post them later. Will have to figure out a way to get good pictures - yours are great as well. I cant figure out the lighting and the background to get good resultes with my camera(s). If I use the flash you can see every mistake I made while painting ;)
Torian

Postby MiniJunkie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks guys! These are done with airbrush layers of khemri brown, hammerfall khaki, and commando khaki, followed by devlan mud wash.
MiniJunkie

Postby MiniJunkie » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:40 am

Update: finished Frank Einstein

MiniJunkie

Postby jholen » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:04 am

What method are you using to protect the bases while painting? I read somewhere that someone was using rubber cement - he'd put it on the base and let it dry before painting, and then after done painting rub it off. Just curious what technique you were using.
jholen

Postby MiniJunkie » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:07 am

I'm using Tamiya Masking Tape. It's not ideal but does a reasonble job. Some of my paints/washes seep through a bit but I can clean it off pretty good.
MiniJunkie

Postby MiniJunkie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:29 am

Finished up Vasquez, Jack Saw and Jeff Deeler.
MiniJunkie

Postby Hathor » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:40 pm

Wow, the best i've seen on this forum ! I'd like to see more pics more closer.
Hathor

Return to Board index

Return to Miniature Painting