Skip to content

IMPORTANT: Due to large amounts of spam attempts on the site, first-time posters: please send a private message to admin to get your initial post approved.

IMPORTANT : A cause de nombreuses tentatives de spam, les nouveaux utilisateurs sont priés d'envoyer un message privé à admin pour voir leur premier message approuvé.
Pour l'interface du forum en français, enregistrez-vous sur le forum et sélectionnez le français comme votre langue de préférence.

Global Tutorial Scenario

A place to give your suggestions, ideas, etc.

Global Tutorial Scenario

Postby Insmone » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi:
First of all I would like to Congratulate ant thank Christophe and the whole Earth Reborn Team for designing this fantastic game .

This is my suggestion.

I would love to have an official global scenario so I can teach new players the game mechanics, game by game as in the normal scenarios but using the same map so we don't have to keep rebuilding the Map every time we introduce a new rule. The idea is to be able to play 2 o 3 learning games on the same map and in the same afternoon. And that new players get to try the most important rules.
Hope this can be done in a new future. I think this will help to get new players hooked on this wonderful system.

Sincerely
Jorge
Insmone

Re: Global Tutorial Scenario

Postby admin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:27 pm

Hello,

We are currently at the Nürnberg game fair and this is Chris responding under JC's own login.
I think this is a great idea. I think it is doable but it will need quite a bit of deep thinking to make it happen.

I don't know if I'll have the time to do it before other fans participating in this forum would have the time to do it, but I'll keep it in mind since it is a very good idea, I have to admit.
Jean-Charles
Ludically
admin
Site Admin

Postby kriss » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:28 pm

I think it's a good idea too
Making map isn't the most exiting thing to do in Earth reborn :|

To introduce game mechanics, we could imagine a scenario based on infiltration/evasion :
- Salemite capture 1 norad but it's a fake : the norad member have mission => to escape with documents/informations or to close defense system (like troyan horse ! )
- Norad member have some explosives to break cell's door
- He must equip weapon (knife first , gun later)
- Go to communication room to send message/ control room to desactivate defense
- Escape

So player can learn step by step : movement / fight / check room/ weapons / use device
kriss

Postby lucbertrand » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:30 pm

Yeath that could be very nice. Because it's a pain (well a good one) when you have to teach the rules to a niew gamer : scenario 1, then 2, then... Maybe 3 or 4 games on 1 map would be enough to learn the major rules ? And then the minor ones by playing SAGS or something ?
LB
lucbertrand

Return to Board index

Return to Suggestions