Skip to content

IMPORTANT: Due to large amounts of spam attempts on the site, first-time posters: please send a private message to admin to get your initial post approved.

IMPORTANT : A cause de nombreuses tentatives de spam, les nouveaux utilisateurs sont priés d'envoyer un message privé à admin pour voir leur premier message approuvé.
Pour l'interface du forum en français, enregistrez-vous sur le forum et sélectionnez le français comme votre langue de préférence.

A big thanks to folks at Ludically and Z-Man

If it doesn't belong anywhere else...

A big thanks to folks at Ludically and Z-Man

Postby El Cuajinais » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Wohoo! Brand-spanking new forums! Welcome everyone! :D

I used to play Warhammer and RPGs back in the day. Though both these types of games are extremely fun, they require a ridiculous amount of time which I simply don't have. From reading the rules, I immediately realized ER will scratch those two itches for me without the huge time commitment. Finally the day has come! Thanks to Christophe, Zev, and all who made this possible.
El Cuajinais

Re: A big thanks to folks at Ludically and Z-Man

Postby Chimaera » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Darn you beat me to the first post :) Roll on Earth Reborn. I truly hope it is as good as I want it to be. Does anyone know when it will hit the UK shelves. I checked the Esdevium site but it's not scheduled for delivery next week so I am guessing the week after earliest, unless not going via Esdevium.
Chimaera

Postby admin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Chimaera wrote:Darn you beat me to the first post :) Roll on Earth Reborn. I truly hope it is as good as I want it to be. Does anyone know when it will hit the UK shelves. I checked the Esdevium site but it's not scheduled for delivery next week so I am guessing the week after earliest, unless not going via Esdevium.

It is going through Asmodee/Esdevium for the UK. I am waiting to hear more info on whether they can pull off delivery next week or not.

Jean-Charles
Ludically
Jean-Charles
Ludically
admin
Site Admin

Postby Chimaera » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:28 pm

Thanks for the info J-C. Hopefully it will be in the UK next week in time for me to buy it & put under the tree for me LOL.

Lastly have you and the team had any more thoughts about releasing a seperate pre-paints pack for the minis?
Chimaera

Postby admin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Chimaera wrote:Lastly have you and the team had any more thoughts about releasing a seperate pre-paints pack for the minis?

It's in the works. We're evaluating different options.
Jean-Charles
Ludically
admin
Site Admin

Postby Chimaera » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:05 pm

admin wrote:
Chimaera wrote:Lastly have you and the team had any more thoughts about releasing a seperate pre-paints pack for the minis?

It's in the works. We're evaluating different options.

Glad to hear you haven't dropped the idea of pre-paints. If they are Tannhauser quality or above (hopefuly above), I am in. In truth I hope they are 25% better. I would quite happily pay £10-12 for one quality painted figure but I can understand if others wouldn't want to pay so much and I suppose this is the big issue for you (getting the price point right).

Congrat's on getting this forum up by the way & I like the fact it hosts 2 languages, something TOY messed up with on Tannahuser. I wish the whole ER team the best of luck with the product and I hope to hear of new product for the game down the line. New characters are always good to have to keep things fresh and I am sure there is more map tiles that could be produced to mix things up in due course. Don't worry I don't expect them next month but something 6 months down the road would be nice e.g. a new mini/character for each faction.

Anyway I look forward to hearing some of the reviews from those who get hold of the game before the rest of us do.
Last edited by Chimaera on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chimaera

Postby Chimaera » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:10 pm

One more thing! The main website could do with a more obvious link to this forum. Alternatively I am a biff and just couldn't see it :oops: It may also be worth putting a more obvious link on the forum back to the main game website as everyone may not realise clicking the big Earth Reborn title at the top does this.
Chimaera

Postby Chris » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:00 am

Hello,
I agree with your last comment.
I don't think there's any direct link to these forums. You have to get through the news.
I'll talk about it to JC. But he finished this websites improvals quite on the rush, so of course there are still things to perfect.
Thanks for all your support anyway, it's very touching.

About the future factions and characters and game mechanics of course there will be unless the game is a total flop :( !

Chimaera has oppened a topic on that subject in the various section, I have answered a bit already.
Ludicalement,
Chris
Chris
himself

Postby Chimaera » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:39 pm

Cheers for the response Chris. A more obvious two way link would seem a much better way of marketing both offerings.

Just one little nit pick on the main game homepage. There is no such language as American e.g. your two flag selection. While I acknowledge there is certainly French & there is such a thing as American English :D this is normally depicted by a half USA/Union flag. God knows why a British Union flag as this is also not English i.e. St Georges cross but it does seem to be the normal way of depicting the English language selection these days.
Chimaera

Postby lighterfuel » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:25 pm

Chimaera wrote:Just one little nit pick on the main game homepage. There is no such language as American e.g. your two flag selection.

The flag doesn't equal the English language. I take your point about a convention being a half Union Flag half American flag but even so Australia, India, South Africa, Zimbabwei,... etc have English as an official language or the sole official language, how many ways can you split that small rectangle! No, the main users are probably forseen as being from the U.S.A. and this may be a reason only the American flag is present; that and the fact that Z Man (U.S.A.)/Ludically (France) are putting out Earth Reborn. Netherthless, I'm from London and would like to see the slashed flag thing.
;)

Finally, take note: the English language forum is called the Anglophone Faction, which should please you!
lighterfuel

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Subjects