Skip to content

IMPORTANT: Due to large amounts of spam attempts on the site, first-time posters: please send a private message to admin to get your initial post approved.

IMPORTANT : A cause de nombreuses tentatives de spam, les nouveaux utilisateurs sont priés d'envoyer un message privé à admin pour voir leur premier message approuvé.
Pour l'interface du forum en français, enregistrez-vous sur le forum et sélectionnez le français comme votre langue de préférence.

Open the box

Re: Open the box

Postby admin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Itham wrote:Hello...

Am i the only one to not see the picture ?

I'm using Firefox, do i have to change something in my preferences ????

That's strange. I'm on Chrome and Firefox (on a Mac) and I can see the pictures. I also verified your forum permissions and I can see the pictures with your permissions. Anyone else having trouble?

Jean-Charles
Jean-Charles
Ludically
admin
Site Admin

Postby Nightmare » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:38 pm

For me on IPhone It's working
Nightmare

Postby EarthArmor » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:18 pm

Great job!

I was hoping someone would post something like this...so I wouldn't have to do it myself.

Tim
EarthArmor

Postby Itham » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:33 pm

admin wrote:
Itham wrote:Hello...

Am i the only one to not see the picture ?

I'm using Firefox, do i have to change something in my preferences ????

That's strange. I'm on Chrome and Firefox (on a Mac) and I can see the pictures. I also verified your forum permissions and I can see the pictures with your permissions. Anyone else having trouble?

Jean-Charles

It's probably some kind of firewall from the office, i'll try again at home tonight...

update :
Yeah, I'have tried it at home ad it's ok
Itham

Postby EarthArmor » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Having received the game on Friday (Yay!), I think there are a lot of ways to skin this cat. My "major" mods to what you did:

Two of the player screens will fit snugly on top of the location where you have the "perimeter" sections stored.

I stuck the single tile terrain tiles in a couple of layers underneath the location where you placed the corridor tiles. (Putting the dice in the location where you have the 1x1 terrain tiles.)

I stuffed all of the corner tiles into the elbow of that elbow shaped hole. (The bag on top seems to hold them nicely.) Smaller ones snug against the corner, larger ones farther out. It makes about 2-3 layers of tiles.

I retained the plastic mini insert (with the minis still in it) and stuck it in the same place where you stored the minis. I put the plastic bag on top of the minis, sort of like a blanket.*

Tim

*Now we need a thread to describe which mini goes where in the plastic tray...
EarthArmor

Postby Nyogtha » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:33 pm

Chimaera wrote:
admin wrote:The RPP in the UK is set by Esdevium, and I believe it is £59.99

I can live with that.

Cheers!

Chim

Ordered mine from Celestial Games for £58.95 including postage. :) Won't get it until after xmas though, but then I have got plenty to occupy me till then.
Nyogtha

Postby Mr_kanish » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:35 pm

Here's how I have my box set-up. It has to be very, very close to the correct way, as I have found a place the fits each piece, for the most part.
The first layer: Top left has the 2 LOS markers and 2 small border pieces, along with the big room tile. Moving right, I have the cards in the next space. And in the top right (top) all the 2-space tiles fit standing up, and (bottom) all the single space tiles fit standing up. Bottom left has the 9-space square tiles, next you can see some of the order tiles in two stacks (they meet flush with the expanded area) and below the order tiles are the 8-space rectangular tiles. The 4-space square tiles are next. The next area is tricky to see, but I'll try to explain it as best I can. The two bottom long rows are the 2-space doors and walls, the broken walls in the first well and doors in the next. Above them, the same is true for the single doors and walls. Doors are first while broken walls are next. All the other tiles fit in the rest of the section. The key is to group 'like' tiles together (ex. Norad character and decoy tokens together, same for Salemite, Norad radio jamming tokens together, same for Salemite, etc.) If you keep 'like' groups together, they fit nicely in the wells. Finally, the remaining order tiles fit on the right side.
Top left and moving right again. The T-tiles on top of the large room tile. 12-space rectangle tiles top right. Bottom left, the 3-space L-tiles and 5-space L-tile on alternate corners. I moved one of the 3-space L-tiles to keep the top flush (there are 4 small L-tiles and only 2 large L-tiles). The 5-space long tiles are next along with the 6-space rectangle tiles below them. Finally the Comm Room goes on top of the smaller tiles.
The huge 7-space L-tile on top of the T-tiles. I put the dice on top of the cards. The + tiles in the bottom left. The rest of the long 4- and 3-space tiles on top of the 5-space one.
Character tokens top left. The wound/CP tokens on top of the dice. The border tiles bottom left. The cloth bag, bag with the initiative, on/off, and player tokens, and the remaining plastic bags bottom right.
The player boards go 2 on each side, if you examine the container, you will see the shelves that are there hold them perfectly.

Anyway, those are my 2 cents on the correct box set-up. Hope it helps!!

Side note, it appears the Salemite’s discovered Cherokee Bill was a traitor before the box was opened and decided to perform an emergency amputation (see below).
Who would be the best person to talk to about a possible replacement? Would it be here at Ludically, or should I speak with Zev at Z-man? Thanks for the help!!
Mr_kanish

Postby admin » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:22 pm

Mr_kanish wrote:Who would be the best person to talk to about a possible replacement? Would it be here at Ludically, or should I speak with Zev at Z-man? Thanks for the help!!

Actually, from what I can see of the picture it looks like the miniature is not really broken, just that the arm came off its hinge. Earth Reborn miniatures are assembled from multiple parts (up to 6 parts for the MK II). If a limb accidentally comes off, it's easy to just pop it back in the slot, adding a tiny bit of superglue to make sure it stays.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that, you can still request customer service. For the US, contact ZMan at zman@zmangames.com.

Jean-Charles
Ludically
Jean-Charles
Ludically
admin
Site Admin

Postby Cormyr » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:43 am

Thanks to Mr_kanish I optimize my storage and I do it slightly differently
In fact main difference are in the left bottom corner

The tricky parts are up center and left bottom corner:
Up center: the two T blocked by two 3-rows and two 4-rows

Left bottom corner: several layers.
First two 3-corners with a 3-row
Second, the two remaining 3-corners with the two 5-corners
Next the two crosses

And so here is the first level storage

Here is the first level storage:
As I prefer to store little tokens in the plastic bags included, I did not fill all gaps

Now classical second level storage:

And at last the screens:
Cormyr

Postby Chris » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Am I dreaming or does it seem that Cormyr has almost finish painting all the minis in his Earth Reborn box ???
Will he be the first with his own fully painted set ;) ?
Ludicalement,
Chris
Chris
himself

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to News