Skip to content

IMPORTANT: Due to large amounts of spam attempts on the site, first-time posters: please send a private message to admin to get your initial post approved.

IMPORTANT : A cause de nombreuses tentatives de spam, les nouveaux utilisateurs sont priés d'envoyer un message privé à admin pour voir leur premier message approuvé.
Pour l'interface du forum en français, enregistrez-vous sur le forum et sélectionnez le français comme votre langue de préférence.

"Shove" Order

"Shove" Order

Postby EarthArmor » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:48 am

As the title suggests, I think one thing this game lacks is a "shove" order.

It seems weird that Jack Saw couldn't push Vasquez out of the way, if he wanted to. Ditto for any of the Norad players shoving Prof. Kendall.

Perhaps a variation on the "Close Combat" order where a character can shove it's opponent up to two squares instead of dealing wounds? i.e. one wound = one square, anything over two wounds=two squares.

1) The character doing the shoving must be directly facing it's opponent.
2) All "shoves" need to be declared before rolling dice. You have to declare it up front that you are engaging in close combat to shove, and not to harm. No fair getting a great combat roll and then "deciding" to cause damage instead.
3) Shoved characters are moved backwards away from the character doing the shoving. If a shove would move a character off the board (or into impassable terrain) the character being shoved will be placed in an adjacent square (controlling players choice) if possible. I.e. The character would be shoved sideways,if possible.
4) Under no circumstances may a character take damage from being shoved.

Tim
EarthArmor

Re: "Shove" Order

Postby TontonCotelette » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:53 am

Moving an enemy with an order may be a very interesting move but I think it would completely change the way the game is played.

I suppose giving this kind of ability through the IPS system to a new character would not be gamebreaking though.
TontonCotelette

Re: "Shove" Order

Postby agony » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:13 am

Yeah, as a new character's special ability - okay that's cool.

As a new order type for everyone? Ehh, I don't like it.

The game is basically area control and utilizing your figures tactically. If Vasquez is blocking Jack Saw the Norad player is playing very poorly. Jack Saw is a beast (especially if you buy body armor for him to start). Cut Vasquez down and move over her corpse.

As already stated, shoving people out of the way would ruin a lot of the tactics of the game. It would be like adding a "shove" action to chess. Take the piece if you want to go through it.
agony

Return to Board index

Return to Variants