Skip to content

IMPORTANT: Due to large amounts of spam attempts on the site, first-time posters: please send a private message to admin to get your initial post approved.

IMPORTANT : A cause de nombreuses tentatives de spam, les nouveaux utilisateurs sont priés d'envoyer un message privé à admin pour voir leur premier message approuvé.
Pour l'interface du forum en français, enregistrez-vous sur le forum et sélectionnez le français comme votre langue de préférence.

Scenario 1.1

Scenario 1.1

Postby awakeneddragon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:23 am

This scenario unofficially expands Scenario 1. It follows what happens to Franck and Vasquez. Suggestions for improvement are welcome.

This scenario is in English.
Attachments
1point1.pdf
(414.97 KiB) Downloaded 520 times
awakeneddragon

Re: Scenario 1.1

Postby Erestor » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:18 pm

It looks really nice.
I will try to test it asap.
And a small map is a good idea... :mrgreen:
Erestor

Postby Chris » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:45 am

Wow !
I'm so happy to see a new scenario appearing here ;)
I know I've been absent from this website for too long... and I have some catch up to do ;)
Anyway, I have downloaded this one, printed it, and I hope to try it very soon with one of my partner in crime ;)
Thanks to you ;)
Ludicalement,
Chris
Chris
himself

Postby Chris » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:16 pm

I have just read this scenario. It looks nice to keep on with the story line and teach new players as well with a different new scenario.

One smal bug I have found though : You are saying NORAD wins if Vasquez enters and find a firing weapon, but in order to do that, you either have to allow the use of the serach rules and indicate it in the headline. That might change quite a lot the balancing of your scenario.
Or just mention, that she has to spend 3CP or 4Cp on a search tile, in order to have automatically found a weapon.... Something like that or in between...
Chris
himself

Postby Chris » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:32 pm

Hello again,
I've played this scenario 4 times in a row.
It's quite interesting and a very good link between scenario 1 and 2 or even 1 and 3, since Vasquez is supposed to find a firing weapon at the end this would lead to learn shooting, so to scenario 3.
I think this scenario lacks explanations on the special rules.
The simplified duel rule must be cleared. We spend much time trying to figure out exactly how to play it. Finally this is what we did : we respected all duel rules including triggering conditions and colored orders required. We just didn't do the Duel, and the sale mite always wins.

Finding the firing weapon in the officer's private stock (and not in the armory as mentioned in the scenario, since the armory is not even on the map). Once again this objective needs explanations on how to achieve it. What we did is : Vasquez needs to be in the room and perform a search order action of minimum 3 CP and she's sure to get a firing weapon. No need to actually perform the search action, bur the road player needs to use an order tile which a search order of 3 minimum.

Finally, I think the scenario is quite tough for the NORAD, but not impossible. I played online the NORAD side and almost won. I got kill in the room just before searching even though I had th 3cps and search order in hand.... But my opponent was a beginnner and learning. Then he took the NORAD and wanted to keep them for three games in a row. He poorly lostthree times in a row with me holding the Salemites in front. I think some simple adjustments could be done to balance this scenario towards the NORAD a bit. Because this scenario is very nterrestin to teach new players. I recommend ;)

It plays really fast. So if spent some time mounting the map, play it a minimum of two times. I think four times, exchanging sides, will keep you busy for 1h30 or so ;) without explanations. And I think that's the way to see it and play it ;)

Thanks

Congratulations.
Ludicalement,
Chris
Chris
himself

Return to Board index

Return to Player-Submitted Scenarios / Scenarios Publiés par les Joueurs